Giant's TCR Advanced SL 2 is your do-everything rig, from long days in the hills to downtown crits. Expertly crafted from Advanced SL composite, the less-than-2-pound TCR Advanced SL frame has been tweaked for weight savings, speed, and above all, ride quality. To accomplish those lofty goals, this refined rocket boasts an integrated seatmast, an oversize bottom bracket for efficiency, and a MegaDrive down tube, along with tapered head tube housing a full composite fork for lateral stiffness with razor-sharp handling. And the components are equally as impressive; Shimano Ultegra brings you pro-level shifting at a feathery low weight while Giant's composite accoutrements of P-SLR1 wheels, handlebar, and stem help you fly uphill.
Giant’s RideSense transmitter sends speed and cadence information to any ANT+ compatible computer. The transmitter is seamlessly integrated into the chainstay, though it can be easily removed.
Giant’s OverDrive 2 delivers up to 30%-better cornering and sprinting stiffness and control than non-tapered front ends with:
1/2) 1 ¼-inch/1 ½-inch diameter bearings
3) 1 ¼-inch diameter Giant stem
4) Tapered fork steerer
5) Giant OverDrive steerer plug
Giant's TCR Advanced features high-quality composite formed into a frame through cutting-edge construction techniques. Raw T-700 composite is carefully woven in Giant's own composite factory, then handcrafted into framesets utilizing Giant's advanced monocoque construction technique. This produces a light, stiff and compliant frameset worthy of the Giant TCR name.
In addition to the superior composite construction, Giant's Advanced frames boast the following technologies to make your ride better than ever!
1. Vector seatpost - in addition to saving weight, Giant's Vector seatpost improves aerodynamics and offers 2 offset options (10mm and 23mm).
2. Custom tubing - Giant layers over 500 individual, hand-cut composite swatches to fine tune each frame's ride quality. This results in maximum function with wonderful all-day comfort.
3. Overdrive 2 - Giant's headtube and fork steerer tapers from 1 1/4-inch at the the top to 1 1/2-inch at the bottom for pinpoint steering, lateral stability and superb torsional stiffness.
4. Less is More - Giant engineers use Finite Element Analysis so every inch of their TCR frames have exactly the perfect amount of composite for the lightest weight with the highest function.
5. Powercore - through the use of an integrated 86mm wide bottom bracket and asymmetrical chainstays, the TCR Advanced features fantastic pedaling stiffness so every watt of effort rockets you forward.
Pedals sold separately
|Frame||Giant Advanced SL-grade composite, integrated seatpost, electronic ready|
|Fork||Giant Advanced SL-grade composite, full-composite OverDrive 2 steerer|
|Rims/Wheels||Giant P-SLR1 WheelSystem|
|Tires||Giant P-SLR1, 700 x 23c|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano Press Fit|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra|
|Rear Cogs||Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed: 11-25|
|Handlebars||Giant Contact SLR, composite|
|Stem||Giant Contact SLR, OverDrive 2|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Ultegra|
|Saddle||Fizik Arione R3 w/K:ium rails|
|Seatpost||Advanced SL Composite, integrated seatmast design|
|Accessories & Extras||RideSense ANT+ sensor, 20mm ISP clamps|
* Subject to change without notice.